Mansoor Ali Shah
Power Systems & Communications Engineer
Mansoor has been working in the HV distribution industry for the last seven years in various roles.
He has had a varied and challenging career targeted towards utilising new technologies and implementing control algorithms.
Past experience includes industrial generation in South Asia, Smart Network Engineering in central Hawkes Bay and designing distribution transformers in Auckland, NZ.
He has designed and managed many projects involving network planning, protection, SCADA systems and communications.
Relevant experience includes:
- Researching and designing grid stability solutions to counter disruptive technologies such as solar/wind generation.
- Setting up robust communications systems to enable Smart Networks and modern substations.
- Cable system engineering.
- Control system design and deployment.
Training and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Honours), University of Canterbury 2006