Electrical Design Engineer
Matt has experience in the power distribution and transmission sectors in the design and commissioning project delivery space, across New Zealand and Australia. Responsible for major Urban Reticulation Design projects, road lighting design, commercial and industrial network design. SCADA design and testing, DFA (Distribution Feeder Automation) scheme building and systems testing.
Commissioning Engineer for major projects in Australia including 220kV Static-VAR Compensator replacements, green and brown-field transmission stations, green and brown-field substations and the Commissioning Lead for the Ground Fault Neutralisers (REFCL) roll-out across Victoria for bush-fire mitigation.
Recently taking up the challenge of turnkey design and commissioning of renewable energy projects across the Pacific and in New Zealand, which includes PV mini-grids, battery systems, hybrid systems and integration into high voltage networks and power stations.
Training and Qualifications
- Chartered Member Engineering Technologist, Engineering New Zealand (#1008375)
- International Engineering Technologist (NZ)
- Member Electricity Engineers' Association New Zealand
- Bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (2018)
- Cert IV Training and Assessment (2017)
- National Diploma Engineering (Elec) (2006)
- Diploma Electrotechnology (2006)